Aunt Emma’s Crumb Cake
By Diane Ellen
· 2 Cups flour
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 2 sticks butter (only use butter!)
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 1 tsp nutmeg
· 3-4 tsp cinnamon
· 1 package Super Moist yellow cake mix (can use any flavor: Fudge Chocolate, Lemon, etc.)
1. Prepare cake mix according to package. Bake in cookie sheet/ jelly roll pan for 18 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. While cake cooking, mix remaining ingredients for crumb topping. Add in the vanilla last. The sticks of butter should be medium soft—not hard—not melted. Mix with your hands to form crumbs. Do not over mix as butter will begin to melt.
3. Remove cake from oven at 18 minutes. Place topping on cake. Return to oven for 15 minutes. (Note: times are specific for a reason!)
4. Remove from oven. Allow to cool. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar/ powdered sugar.
5. Enjoy!!! May be frozen in Ziploc bags for long time. (P.S. May be eaten frozen! )
*Try something different! Add peanut butter chips/ milk chocolate chips/ dark chocolate/ chopped pieces of candy to crumbs or to mix.experiment! Have fun!
Note: No one remembers who Aunt Emma is but I feel compelled to carry her name on. So if you pass on this recipe, please remember Aunt Emma!